Saturday, May 22, 2010

When do you usually sign up for Bar Exam Review courses, when do you take them and which are the best?

I'm going to law school in a state other than where I will be taking my Bar Exam. Are the review courses offered immediately after graduation, say in late May before the July exam so that I can take review courses in my Bar (home) state? Also how is studying on your own? Possible? I am not a fan of Kaplan, I took them for the LSAT and was really disappointed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also does anyone know about the difficulty of the D.C. and CT Bar??? Thanks

When do you usually sign up for Bar Exam Review courses, when do you take them and which are the best?
I'm not a huge fan of kaplan either, but the alternative is not great either. BarBri is pretty much the monopoly on bar prep. Most bar preps start after the school year, though your better off learning all the law in during the semester so that you can just review the months before instead of learning it for sometimes the first time (law school doesn't teach you everything you need to know).





Plenty study on their own. There are plenty of books to do that. To me, any kind of test prep is good if you need to stay focused and have questions. If you can remain focused on your own schedule (which you'll have to do no matter what) go self-study and find some resources to answer questions you have.





D.C. and CT shouldn't be too bad, you'll have to look up the bar pass rate.





You can try sharing your question in law school forums.


No comments:

Post a Comment