Monday, May 24, 2010

Outside A/C Condensing Unit?

I have a 3 yearl old A/C coil on the inside of a duplex unit. The condensing unit outside has to be replaced. The coil is a 10 Seer. Of course you now have to have a 13 Seer. One A/C company said I have to replace both, the condensing unit as well as the coil because if I don't replace the coil to match, the liquid will run into the compressor %26amp; it will go out in about 5 years. A different A/C company said that I do not have to replace the coil %26amp; that it will only pull a 11 or 12 Seer. He said that is all that means. Who is right???

Outside A/C Condensing Unit?
I'm not going to pretend to know the answer to this question, but I would make the suggestion that you repost the question in the home and garden category under maintenance and repairs, bet you have better luck with answers!





Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment