Monday, May 24, 2010

Any thoughts on C-5 enamel?

Over the years I have overbrushed my teeth and now at 23 I think that my enamel, mainly on my front teeth, is ruined. I have heard there is no way to restore it other than some kind of bonding or other asthetic surgery, but was hoping to find something that could be used at home. I came across a product on the web called C-5 enamel and it supposidly helps but of course I remain quite skeptical... any dentists or consumers that have tried or heard anything about this product??? I am desperate (OCD does NOT help this cause!!)

Any thoughts on C-5 enamel?
I am not sure how reliable C-5 enamel is. C-5 enamel boosts the ability of saliva to remineralize tooth structure which has been damaged as the result of acid attack. However, you could just chew on Xylitol Gum which can slow or halt periodontal problems, remineralize tooth enamel, reduce tooth decay rates both in high-risk groups. Simple dental fillings are still my best choice.
Reply:You say youTHINK you've ruined your enamel, but has your dentist actually told you that? It may not be as bad as you think. Get an exam then focus on what the problem (if any) is. In my practice, my patients who have tried OTC products to fix their teeth either do nothing that helps or actually make them worse. See your dentist.


No comments:

Post a Comment