Friday, July 31, 2009

I recently attended a C&G Computer Aided Design course (level 2) which I will (hopefully) be continuing....?

....soon! I have been advised in the meantime to try and find work in a company that uses CAD regularly, such as engineering companies, design, architects etc. entering in an admin role (which I do now) as a "foot in the door" so to speak. I will be relocating to Liverpool in 6 weeks and take it as prime opportunity to try and find a job in such a company but I don't know who they are or where they might be! Can anyone offer any assistance or advice? Ta x

I recently attended a C%26amp;G Computer Aided Design course (level 2) which I will (hopefully) be continuing....?
I work in a Structural Engineers, use CAD everyday and i dont have any C%26amp;G qualifications in CAD. What employers prefer is for you to have a strong knowledge of what your drawing. It costs too much time and money to have an Engineer draw out exactly what he wants so you can trace it. They prefer just to be able to hand you their calcs and you turn them into a working drawing. Also if you know what your drawing your more likely to pick up their mistakes.





There are alot of areas in the construction industry that use CAD: Civil/ Structural Engineering, Architects, Mechanical %26amp; Electrical engineers the list goes on and on.





My advice would be to research what area you'd like to work in and then try and find a firm thats willing to send you to college on day release, i dont know how old you are but these jobs tend to go to school leavers. Thats how i got started. Or a small company may take you on.





There is a big shortage of CAD technicians in the industry because truthfully it is quite boring really! but the salary is good and if you've got the right skills you soon become a big asset to your company.





http://www.careersinconstruction.com/cic...

gift baskets

No comments:

Post a Comment