Sunday, August 2, 2009

What courses would I have to take to work at an adoption/foster care home? how much schooling would it require

I'm 21 and am still not positive on what I wanna go to school for. I am not one who likes to owe money or waste time, therefor I will NOT start courses in college until I am sure of what I am there for. I have always been interested in a couple of different fields:


a) early childhood teaching


b) counseling (school counselor, marriage, family...etc.)


c) social worker


d) mediator (not really like the other fields...but still involves people and working w/ problems)


and a couple of other related fields. Recently I have been toying with the idea of going to school so that I could work at an adoption/foster care center. I do not know what calsses I would have to take for this or how long of schooling is required. I will be going to a community college when I do enroll. I am not overly concerned with money and would mainly just like to do a job that I would enjoy and felt I was making a difference, but I am interested in knowing the general salary. Any info at all would be helpful! :)

What courses would I have to take to work at an adoption/foster care home? how much schooling would it require
Try health and social care, childcare, psychology and possibly sociology.


Takes roughly 2 or three years to complete theses courses, order a prospectus from you local community college to find out more specific info.


1 comment:

  1. Hi


    I will give you different suggestions. What about Computer Systems Technician?

    Computer Systems Technician

    Computer Systems Technician

    ReplyDelete